Welcome to Weill Cornell's Conflicts Management Office. On this page, you will find information to assist you in understanding the meaning of the terms "Conflict of Interest" and "Conflict of Commitment." We also provide information concerning University and federal policies regarding conflicts of interest.
WCM Conflicts Survey for Interests and Commitments
Every Weill Cornell Medicine faculty member and all staff is required to complete the Conflicts Financial Interests and Commitment survey. For those who have no interests to disclose, the submission of the Conflicts Survey is required as a certification of such. The Conflicts Survey is required at a minimum once annually; however, should any financial interests change over the course of that year, an update to the Conflicts Survey is required within 30 days of the change. Please refer to the policies linked below for specific definitions on what constitutes a financial interest and/or commitment that may be a conflict to the institution.
Those receiving NIH funding will also need to complete the tutorial below. If you are a researcher that falls under the PHS FCOI regulation, you must complete the NIH Tutorial on Financial Conflict of Interest
If you are an investigator on research that is overseen by the Food & Drug administration (FDA), you will also need to report financial conflicts to the research sponsor for their reporting, as required, to the FDA. Further information on conflicts reporting in FDA-sponsored research can be found here
Conflicts of Interest Training
Research personnel on any grants or contracts funded by an agency or organization that follows the Public Health Service FCOI regulations (NIH, AHRQ, ACS, AHA, CDC, etc) are required to complete conflicts training. This training must be renewed every 4 years.
Training is available through the CITI program (https://www.citiprogram.org).
- If you already have a CITI account that is linked to Weill Cornell Medicine
- Go to: https://www.citiprogram.org and log in to your CITI account with your current username and password.
- Click the “Weill Cornell Medical College Courses” menu item.
- Click the link to the “Conflicts of Interest” course and complete the following four COI modules:
- CITI Conflict of Interest Course – Introduction (COI-Basic) (ID: 15177)
- Financial Conflicts of Interest: Overview, Investigator Responsibilities, and COI Rules (COI-Basic) (ID: 15070)
- Institutional Responsibilities as They Affect Investigators (COI-Basic) (ID:15072)
- Conflicts of Interest Organization-Specific Policies (ID: 17343)
- If you do not see Conflicts of Interests, please click on Add a course and answer 'yes' to question 7 (Would you like to take the Conflicts of Interest course? ).
- Go to: https://www.citiprogram.org.
- Click on the “Register” link to create an account. This will bring you to a page where you can search for an organization.
- Type “Cornell” and then choose “Weill Cornell Medical College”.
- Follow the prompts to fill in an online registration form. You will be asked to supply a username and password. When choosing a username, it is suggested that you use the first 7 characters in your WCM email address (as an example: abc2001). Complete the registration using your WORK address, a work-place accessible email, etc.
- After you have registered and are logged in, please follow steps 2-3 in section A. (above).