Travel Disclosure

All paid or reimbursed travel paid or reimbursed by "for-profit" entities must be disclosed within 30 days of completing travel.

Reimbursed travel expenses and other compensation greater than $5,000 per year in aggregate from a single non-profit entity need to be reported. This means that you only have to report travel sponsored or reimbursed by a single non-profit entity if:

  • The trip was more than $5,000,
  • Multiple trips for that entity in aggregate exceed $5,000,
  • You receive more than $5,000 for services from that entity, or
  • A combination of trips and services in aggregate from a single entity exceeds $5,000. You do not have to report travel reimbursed or paid for by Cornell University, nor travel paid by:
  • a federal, state, or local government agency,
  • a U.S. non-profit institution of higher education as defined at 20 U.S.C. 1001(a),
  • a U.S. academic teaching hospital, U.S. medical center, or
  • a research institute that is affiliated with an institution of higher education.

There are additional rules for individuals applying for or funded by Public Health Services (PHS), which includes the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other non-profit agencies that chose to invoke PHS COI policy.

Sponsored travel means (a) travel expenses paid to an investigator or travel paid on an Investigator's behalf, by a single entity in any 12 month period and/or (b) travel reimbursed to or paid on behalf of an Investigator's spouse and dependent children by a single entity in any 12 month period.

To the extent possible, listing all potential travel prospectively on this disclosure will reduce or eliminate the need to file updates throughout the year.

If you need further explanation about Travel Disclosure, please contact the Conflicts Management Office at (646) 962-8200 or”